Safeguarding at the Foundation
Tottenham Hotspur Foundation is an organisation committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk. We believe that everybody has the right to experience sport in a safe environment, free from abuse and bullying. We want all participants attending our programmes to get the best out of the activities that they are doing, and for them to feel happy and safe. It is our belief that everyone should always have someone to talk to if ever they are sad or worried. Therefore, we encourage contact with us, and external support agencies such as Childline, Samaritans and the NSPCC. If you have a concern about the safety or welfare of a child or adult at risk on one of our activities, please take immediate action:
- In the first instance, speak with the person in charge or supervising the activity who will forward your concern to a Safeguarding Officer
- If you cannot speak with someone at the time, contact the safeguarding team directly via the safeguarding referral email firstname.lastname@example.org. This email address is checked regularly between the hours of 8am and 6pm Monday to Friday.
- A member of the team will respond to your email and advise on the next best course of action
- Please note that your concern will be managed sensitively and information will only be shared if it is necessary to ensure the safety of a child or adult at risk.
- Out of hours (after 6pm and weekends): You can contact your Local Authority or a national helpline for advice. However, if you are concerned for your immediate safety or the safety of someone else, please dial 999 and report your concerns to police services.
Details of the Foundation’s Safeguarding Officers
Sandra Barratt, Safeguarding Manager / Dan Dodge, Safeguarding Officer. Our Safeguarding Officers work alongside the Club’s Head of Safeguarding & Welfare, advising staff, participants and players on all safeguarding concerns or queries. The primary role of the Safeguarding Officer is to respond to concerns of abuse, exploitation or neglect. They will liaise with Local Authority services (police, social care etc.) to inform and contribute to keeping children safe and giving adults at risk of harm routes out of harmful circumstances and practices. You can email a member of the Safeguarding Team at email@example.com