1. What is StubHub?2. How will this change the existing Ticket Office system at Tottenham Hotspur?3. Who can sell Tottenham Hotspur tickets on StubHub.co.uk?4. When will I be able to list my Tottenham Hotspur tickets on StubHub?5. As a Season Ticket Member, if I wish to sell on my ticket for a fixture I cannot attend, how do I do this?6. How much can I list my Season Ticket seat for?7. What if I change my mind after I list my ticket?8. How will I pay for tickets on StubHub.co.uk?9. What are the fees for buying and selling tickets on StubHub.co.uk?10. Do I have to return my Season Access card for the games that I cannot attend?11. How will buyers receive the tickets I sell?12. How do I know who’s buying my ticket?13. What if the person who buys my tickets behaves inappropriately in the Stadium - will I be held responsible?14. Are there any guarantees for StubHub buyers and sellers?15. What are the benefits for non-Season Ticket Members?16. Do I need to be a Season Ticket Member to buy Tottenham Hotspur tickets on StubHub.co.uk?17. Will the tickets I purchase be in the home supporters’ section?18. Will there be tickets available for every game on StubHub?19. Will I be able to buy tickets for Tottenham Hotspur away games via StubHub.co.uk?20. What measures are in place to guard against ticket fraud or refusal at the gate?21. I am an Executive Lounge/Boxholder Member at Tottenham Hotspur Football Club - can I resell my ticket?22. Will the Club get a percentage of my ticket or any tickets sold using StubHub?23. What if the match I’m selling for is postponed?24. What if the match I’ve bought tickets for is postponed?25. Some Season Ticket Members may ask inflated prices for the most in demand tickets. What is the Club’s view of this?1. What is StubHub?StubHub, owned by eBay, is the world’s largest ticket marketplace, providing fans with a safe, convenient place to buy tickets to concerts, theatre and sporting events, and an easy way to sell their tickets when they can’t go. Every order is covered by a FanProtect™ Guarantee. StubHub.co.uk launched in the UK in December 2011 and is now the official secondary ticketing partner of Tottenham Hotspur.
StubHub do not receive an allocation of tickets to sell from Tottenham Hotspur. The only tickets listed for Tottenham Hotspur matches on the StubHub site will be those listed by Season Ticket Members.
2. How will this change the existing Ticket Office system at Tottenham Hotspur?The Tottenham Hotspur Ticket Office system will not be replaced or change in any way. The StubHub partnership will complement the Club’s current ticketing operation whilst providing Season Ticket Members with the option to resell their seat for home fixtures that they cannot attend. The deal is exclusive to StubHub and tickets cannot be sold on any other sites.
One Hotspur Season Ticket Members will only be able to list their seats for sale once all other tickets have sold out via the usual Club ticket sales channels. Tickets for all matches at White Hart Lane will continue to be sold in the first instance to One Hotspur members.
Tickets sold via StubHub for matches at White Hart Lane are for Tottenham Hotspur supporters only.
3. Who can sell Tottenham Hotspur tickets on StubHub.co.uk?Only One Hotspur Season Ticket Members can sell their seat for any Barclays Premier League home games that they cannot attend. Those who purchase a match ticket for an individual fixture cannot sell their seat on StubHub.co.uk
Customers who buy Tottenham Hotspur tickets on StubHub.co.uk but can no longer attend the match can also resell these same tickets – even if they’re not Season Ticket Members. This means that if you purchase a ticket for a game and the fixture date changes meaning you can no longer attend you can then resell the ticket on StubHub.
4. When will I be able to list my Tottenham Hotspur tickets on StubHub?Only once all tickets have been sold via our primary ticket routes will the StubHub exchange be open for the listing and purchasing of tickets.
5. As a Season Ticket Member, if I wish to sell on my ticket for a fixture I cannot attend, how do I do this?Listing you tickets on StubHub.co.uk is easy. Follow these simple steps:
1. To get started visit stubhub.co.uk/TottenhamHotspur once the 2013/2014 Premier League Fixture List is confirmed in June to set your account up. 2. Select the match or matches that you would like to sell tickets for 3. Enter your Client Reference Number* (this can be found on your Season Access card), along with your surname and postcode 4. Decide if you’d like to sell an individual seat of multiple seats (you must be in possession of the Client Reference Number, Name and Postcode of each Season ticket Member you wish to release the seat of) by selecting the appropriate ‘Splits’ option. Set the price you’d like to sell your tickets for 5. Set up your payment and contact information 6. Review your listing information and click the ‘List tickets’ button 7. Your tickets are now listed for sale on StubHub.co.uk!
*If you do not know your Client Reference Number, you can call the Tottenham Hotspur Ticket Office on 0844 844 0102 (Option 2).
If your tickets sell, StubHub will send your ticket information to Tottenham Hotspur and the match you have sold will be removed from your Season Access Card. The buyer will collect a paper ticket at the designated StubHub Paxton Road Ticket Collection Point at the North end of the stadium on the day of the match.
StubHub.co.uk will transfer the balance of your payment (after deducting their commission) to your PayPal account 5-8 business days after the match takes place.
To learn more about PayPal, including how to set up your own PayPal account, visit PayPal.co.uk
If your tickets don’t sell, the matches will remain on your Season Access Card and you won’t incur any charges.
If you have a question or need help, contact the StubHub customer service team.
6. How much can I list my Season Ticket seat for?Season Ticket Members can set the price for their seat for any home fixtures that they cannot attend, once all tickets for the fixture have been sold via primary Club channels. The price will largely be determined by demand for the fixture but it is ultimately the decision of the Season Ticket Member. The new deal is groundbreaking as there are no restrictions on prices.
7. What if I change my mind after I list my ticket?Season Ticket Members can remove their unsold home seats at any time without incurring any charges. Once a seat has been sold via StubHub you will not be able to reclaim your season ticket seat. You will however be able to purchase an alternative seat for the fixture via StubHub.
8. How will I pay for tickets on StubHub.co.uk?You can pay for your tickets on StubHub using one of the following methods:• Visa or MasterCard• PayPal account
If you're buying tickets with a credit or debit card, the billing address in your StubHub account must match the billing address associated with that card.
Once you place your order, we'll charge your card for the amount of your purchase.
9. What are the fees for buying and selling tickets on StubHub.co.uk?You'll pay the price of the tickets, plus a 15% fee (which includes VAT, where applicable). This pick-up fee is charged by StubHub and not Tottenham Hotspur.
If your tickets sell, StubHub will deduct a commission equal to 12% (which includes VAT, where applicable) out of the total ticket sale price and then pay you the balance.
10. Do I have to return my Season Access card for the games that I cannot attend?No. If your Season Ticket seat sells, StubHub will send your ticket information directly to Tottenham Hotspur so that they can remove the home match from your Season Ticket and issue paper tickets for the buyer to collect at the dedicated pick up point at White Hart Lane.
The buyer will need to provide identification when picking up their tickets so we can ensure the correct fan gets the right ticket. The Season Access card will be deactivated and will not grant access to the stadium for the fixture sold.
11. How will buyers receive the tickets I sell?A dedicated StubHub pick up point will be located at White Hart Lane at the Paxton Road collection windows at the north end of the stadium, where buyers collect their tickets on the day of the match.
12. How do I know who’s buying my ticket?When you sell your ticket on StubHub.co.uk, StubHub will send the buyer’s information directly to Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Before issuing the tickets, the Club performs the same checks on StubHub.co.uk buyers as they do for any Ticket Office purchaser. All spectators are subject to ground regulations and Tottenham Hotspur terms and Conditions and, the Club, at all times, retains the right to deny access to any ticketholder at any time.
13. What if the person who buys my tickets behaves inappropriately in the Stadium - will I be held responsible?In the very unlikely event that this happens the club will not penalise you or cancel your Season Ticket. The buyer will be the one held responsible for their actions.
Please note: This is only the case for tickets that are sold on StubHub.co.uk, where the Club has full information of the buyer and seller. Season Tickets cannot be legitimately sold through any other channel.
14. Are there any guarantees for StubHub buyers and sellers?StubHub backs every order with their FanProtect™ Guarantee, so you can buy and sell Tottenham Hotspur tickets with confidence.
Here’s an overview of StubHub’s FanProtect™ Guarantee in their own words:
When you buy tickets on StubHub, they guarantee:
• Your tickets will be available for collection at the venue on the day of the match• If any of the above does not occur, StubHub will locate comparable replacement tickets or provide you with a refund.• You'll get a refund if your event is cancelled and not rescheduled.• Sellers will never contact you directly.
When you sell tickets on StubHub, they guarantee:
• It's free to list your tickets.• You'll get paid for all sales you complete as promised in your listing.• You set your price and can adjust it any time before your tickets sell.• You don't have to worry about communicating with buyers - that's StubHub's job.
15. What are the benefits for non-Season Ticket Members?Non Season Ticket Members now have the opportunity to purchase Season Ticket Members seats, which are the best seats in the ground, on a match by match basis.
This partnership will also mean that tickets may be available for high profile games to fans who may not usually have the opportunity to purchase them.
There may also be the opportunity to buy tickets at lower than face value for certain fixtures.
16. Do I need to be a Season Ticket Member to buy Tottenham Hotspur tickets on StubHub.co.uk?No. Any Tottenham Hotspur fan with a StubHub account can buy tickets to Tottenham Hotspur home games. However all spectators are subject to ground regulations and the Club, at all times, retains the right to deny access to any ticketholder at any time.
17. Will the tickets I purchase be in the home supporters’ section?Yes, the tickets you purchase will always be in the Tottenham Hotspur home section of the Stadium. Any persons attempting to gain entry into the home enclosures displaying away colours will be refused entry. Furthermore any away supporter found to be in the home enclosures will be required to leave the stadium. In both cases no refund or transfer will be offered.
18. Will there be tickets available for every game on StubHub?The number of tickets available on StubHub is entirely dependent on how many Season Ticket Members decide that they cannot attend the fixture and list their tickets on Stubhub.co.uk once all other tickets have been sold.
19. Will I be able to buy tickets for Tottenham Hotspur away games via StubHub.co.uk?No, you’ll only be able to buy tickets to Tottenham Hotspur home matches on StubHub.co.uk
20. What measures are in place to guard against ticket fraud or refusal at the gate?StubHub’s systems are being electronically integrated with the Club’s to counter the risk of ticket fraud and refusal at the gate. Once a Season Ticket Member has sold their seat on StubHub, the system will be updated so that the Season Access card is deactivated for that fixture and a new match ticket will be printed for the buyer. Also all tickets purchased will be covered by the StubHub FanProtect Guarantee, which ensures that tickets are valid or replaced with those of equal value – or a full refund, subject to ground regulations.
21. I am an Executive Lounge/Boxholder Member at Tottenham Hotspur Football Club - can I resell my ticket?No, at this time Executive Lounge and Boxholders Membership Cards are excluded from the agreement.
22. Will the Club get a percentage of my ticket or any tickets sold using StubHub?No, Tottenham Hotspur has secured a partnership deal with StubHub for the rights to be the official secondary ticketing partner of the Club. The Club will not receive any revenue from any tickets sold through StubHub.co.uk
23. What if the match I’m selling for is postponed?If you sell tickets on StubHub, you'll receive your full payment – even if the match is rescheduled. Since the club will remove the match tickets from your season ticket card and issue paper tickets for the buyer to pick up at the stadium, the tickets will no longer be yours to use.
If you sell tickets for a match that is then cancelled and not rescheduled, StubHub will refund the buyer. StubHub will recover this payment amount by charging your credit/debit card or by cancelling pending payments (for other tickets you've sold). For information about obtaining a refund of your purchase price, please contact the club.
24. What if the match I’ve bought tickets for is postponed?If a match is postponed or rescheduled, Stubhub will send you an email with the new date and your tickets will be ready for you to pick up at the stadium on the new date.
If you can’t attend the rescheduled match, you can always list your tickets on StubHub and give someone else a chance to buy them. But we understand that's not always possible. If you can't make the rescheduled date, you can contact StubHub customer service to return your tickets for a credit towards a future purchase.
25. Some Season Ticket Members may ask inflated prices for the most in demand tickets. What is the Club’s view of this?Tottenham Hotspur has chosen to partner with StubHub to offer Season Ticket Members the chance to sell tickets for games they cannot attend to other Spurs fans. Unlike some other deals in the Premier League it is an open marketplace with no restrictions placed on the number of tickets a fan can purchase, nor the price that can be asked by the Season Ticket Member.
It is important to remember that neither the Club nor StubHub sets the prices on the site, nor lists tickets for sale themselves so the prices are determined by supply and demand. The Club does not benefit financially from sales on the site and StubHub only receives commission on tickets sold - there is no fee to list.
However, for particularly attractive matches it is possible that prices listed by Season Ticket Members will reflect the potential interest in this fixture. While we understand that some fans might be frustrated to find prices higher than they hoped, it is the Season Ticket Member's prerogative to list their seats at whatever price they choose. Ultimately though, it is up to the potential purchaser to determine if they are prepared to pay it.
View mobile site
© Tottenham Hotspur Ltd 2013. All rights reserved.
All photography copyright Action Images plc (unless otherwise stated)