PROJECT: READY STEADY WORK
Disabled Parents living in Barnet
European Social Fund
Remploy, Disability Croydon
Through a partnership with Remploy and Disability Croydon, we work in partnership across 10 London Boroughs to support local people to find and stay in employment. The main objective of the Ready Steady Work programme is to improve the skills of economically inactive people and help them to get back into work. Each person's needs are different which is why all partners tailor their support to the individual - providing them with the best chance of finding employment. We are the delivery partner for Remploy and support Disabled Parents living in Barnet back into work by giving six hours of one to one mentoring support and facilitating work based experience.
• The percentage of those in work who are within the legal working age with a work limiting disability is 40%. 25% want to be in paid work and 35% do not want to be in paid work.
• The proportion of disabled people who are in paid work has remained unchanged and not increased.
• Work rates for those who are neither disabled or are lone parents are around 80% for women and 90% for men. In contrast, work rates for disabled non lone parents are around 40% for both men and women.
• The percentage of those who are aged between 25 and 65 and are not working is almost 50%.
• The proportion of people aged 25 to 49 who have a work limiting disability and want paid employment is greater than for those without a disability.
• Two candidates are now in employment.
• Six have progressed into further learning opportunities.
• 11 candidates completed six hours one to one support.
• 16 candidates currently in contact with the project.
• Six individuals are actively volunteering.
I have found the support of the Ready Steady Work Project to be essential in my development. I have been able to utilise my skills and personal experiences and am now working at the Tottenham Hotspur Foundation. I am currently supporting young disabled people to be able to access local sports club opportunities. I have recently completed my FA coaching Level 1 qualification and I look forward to being able to continue in my development within the Tottenham Hotspur Foundation.
Everton Amos, participant of the programme