News of Sol’s departure came hours after Teddy’s press call to announce his return and the England striker, currently on duty in Greece, concedes that the skipper going is a massive loss.
But it did not enter the equation for Teddy when the 35-year-old was pondering a second spell at the club on a two-year deal.
"It's a massive loss to Tottenham if he does finally go," said Teddy. "I know he has said he will, but you never know in this game.
"In any case life goes on. There has been many a great footballer at every club and life goes on when the next one comes in. I can understand Sol's position and he will do whatever he feels is right for him.
"Hopefully his departure will not affect Tottenham's hopes at all next season from my point of view otherwise I wouldn't be joining them.
"I had a certain inkling about the situation, even though it came out after I agreed to sign. If he was going to sign he would have done so before and the signs would have been better.
"But my decision was not based on whether he was going to stay or go. I had spoken to Sol over the previous 18 months, but he's not given anything away over the last year or so."
Teddy is feeling like a man in-between jobs at the moment, his contract at Spurs cannot be signed until July 1, while he has effectively left Manchester United.
"You normally change jobs and you are gone that day, even as a footballer, but this is a transitional period of six or seven weeks for me," he said.
"I do feel a little bit in limbo at the moment. I'm not a Manchester United or a Tottenham player. That's all subject to a medical. "Hopefully that will all go through and I'll sign for Tottenham on July 1."
Teddy Sheringham insists that Sol Campbell’s future plans had no bearing on his decision to return to the Lane.