Welcome back to the Smartest Cookie where we will attempt to seek out the brightest spark at the club and demonstrate that the inhabitants at Spurs Lodge are smarter than the average bear!
Or will we...
Next to take on Round 1 of the 20-question challenge is goalkeeper Shwan Jalal.
1. According to the saying going from a bad situation to an even worse one is like getting out of the frying pan and into the what?
2. Complete the name of the BBC soap opera that began in the 1980s, East what?
3. In science, which two letters are used to abbreviate the words Alternating Current?
4. In the nursery rhyme, which bridge is falling down?
5. According to superstition, what are you entitled to do when blowing out the candles on your birthday cake?
SJ Make a wish
6. In the bible, during the crucifixion Jesus was forced to wear a crown of what?
7. In astronomy, the letters HST stand for Hubble Space what?
8. Which religion was reinstated in England by Mary I in the 16th century?
SJ Christianity X
9. If you drive 80 miles on a round trip, how many miles is it one way?
10. In nature, which L is a variety of flower that can be prefixed by Tiger or Water?
11. In fashion, jeans are normally made from which fabric?
12. In film, complete the title of the 1986 John Hughes movie Ferris Buellas what?
SJ Haven't got a Scooby X
13. From which part of the chicken does the drumstick come?
SJ The leg
14. What kind of animal is the children's TV puppet Kermit?
SJ A frog
15. The casino card game with the object of scoring 21 is known as what?
16. In science, what name is given to someone who studies ecology?
SJ Weather forecaster X
17. What does the E in email stand for?
SJ External X
18. In space, constelations are groups of what?
19. Which ex-Spice Girl went on to release the singles Bag it up and Lift me up?
SJ Geri Halliwell
20. In children's TV, what type of bird is a pingu?
SJ A penguin.
Shwan Jalal scores 16 out 20.
Colin Calderwood 17
Shwan Jalal 16