Mauricio Pochettino reported after training on Tuesday that the striker will have to sit it out because of an ankle injury.
Better news sees Toby Alderweireld return after almost two months out but Ben Davies (ankle) and Erik Lamela (hip/personal reasons) remain sidelined.
On Erik, Mauricio said: "Erik is injured first of all but he also travelled back to Argentina last night because of a problem with his brother. We hope he's recovering well. It's a tough moment for him and we send a big hug to all the family."
Tickets on general sale
A limited number of tickets are on general sale for the match against CSKA - purchase here...
DON’T MISS THE OFFICIAL MATCHDAY PROGRAMME AT WEMBLEY!
Be sure to pick up the official matchday programme for our UEFA Champions League match against CSKA Moscow at Wembley on Wednesday night.
This A4, 100-page edition will be on sale for £5 at the game and includes...
- Feature interview with Harry Kane
- Mauricio Pochettino’s exclusive column
- Focus and opinion on goalkeeper Hugo Lloris in 'Centre of Attention'
- Interviews with our former Russian international striker Roman Pavlyuchenko and ex-CSKA star Jiří Jarošík
- A nostalgic look at our tour of Russia in 1960
- Latest from our academy, including last week's 10-1 FA Youth Cup triumph
Sample it now for free with our 12-page online preview edition