Check out all the Spurs gossip on the web by clicking ontoNEWSNOW.CO.UK
Anderton links with Portsmouth in the Star, Mail on Sunday, Express and Mirror. The Mirror also link us with Freddie Kanoute while the NOTW suggest Cardiff are chasing Gary Doherty.
No Spurs news today.
The Express devote a page and the Sun reports that Darren Anderton is in talkswith Portsmouth. The Star suggests Newcastle are still tracking Steve Carr.
The Star, Sun and Mirror all report Dean Richards' view that Helder Postiga's arrival underlines the club's ambition.
No Spurs news today.
The Sun runs an 'exclusive' claiming that Spurs are in the running to sign Barcelona's Patrick Kluivert. The Dutch striker is said to want £100,000-a-week and the report suggests that he will go to the first club to make him an offer in that region. We, it is claimed, are leading the chase having reportedly made the highest offer from the Premiership so far.
There is more on the future of Darren Anderton in the Independent - linked in with the proposed transfer of Portsmouth's Paul Merson to Walsall. "I've spoken to people at Tottenham and declared my interest," said Fratton Park boss Harry Redknapp. "There is an opportunity, a chance it could happen."
Meanwhile, the Express, Mail and Star say that a move for Wimbledon midfielder Lionel Morgan is on hold until the 19-year-old proves his fitness.
A few bits in a article in the Independent - a couple of them repeated in the Mirror - where Glenn is linked with a move for PSV Eindhoven striker Mateja Kezman - if he is unable to prize Javier Portillo away from Real Madrid. The report speculates that Portillo would cost around £10m and says that Spurs view this as a good investment on a 21-year-old. It goes on to suggest that Glenn has an agreement with Kezman's advisors on a possible £3m switch.
The claim that Simon Davies could be heading out is repeated in the Independent, who also say that Spurs have been alerted over the availability of Valencia striker John Carew.
However, in today's Evening Standard Glenn hits back at suggestions that Simon could leave the club.
"This is just total rubbish. Simon's future at Spurs is not an issue. We did not have a meeting about this and Simon has not said anything to me. We have both been away on holiday before returning for pre-season training this week."
CHECK OUT THE SPURS GOSSIP BY LINKING TONEWS NOW.CO.UK
Rounding up the summer transfer speculation from the daily press...