Stadium: Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan
Head Coach: Juande Ramos
La Liga finishing position 2005-05: 5th
Current position: 2nd
• The Civil Governor of Seville officially announced the creation of Sevilla FA on October 14 1905, making it the oldest club to hail from Seville and the second oldest from the region of Andalucia.
• In season 1945-46 Sevilla won the La Liga title for the first and only time before, in 1948 the club were victorious for the third and last time in the Copa del Rey – defeating Celta Vigo 4-1 in the final.
• Sevilla were the first Andalusian club to play in the European Cup in the 1957-58 season and once participated in the Cup Winners’ Cup.
• Sevilla are the UEFA Cup holders having defeated Middlesbrough 4-0 in the final in Eindhoven on May 10, 2006. The goals were scored Luis Fabiano, Enzo Maresca (2) and Fredi Kanoute.
• In the annual contest between the UEFA Cup and Champions League winners at the Stade Louis II in Monaco on August 25, 2006, Sevilla defeated Spanish champions Barcelona 3-0 with goals from Renato Dirnei, Kanoute and a penalty from Maresca.
• Sevilla reached the knockout stage of this season’s competition by finishing second in Group C. They then beat FC Steaua Bucuresti 2-0 away and 1-0 at home to seal their passage to the last 16. After a 2-2 draw at home against FC Shakhtar Donetsk, their future in the competition looked in doubt, but a late goal from goalkeeper Andrés Palop earned them a second 2-2 draw in Ukraine, with Ernesto Chevantón's extra-time effort securing a 5-4 aggregate victory.
• Sevilla are seeking to become only the second side to win back-to-back UEFA Cups. Real Madrid are the only side to successfully defend the UEFA Cup, winning the competition in 1985 and 1986.
• Middlesbrough was not the only English club Sevilla encountered on their way to winning the 2006 UEFA Cup final, they were paired with Bolton away in the group stage and the game finished 1-1 at the Reebok Stadium.
• Sevilla have won three, drawn one and lost one of their five UEFA Cup home games this season. The holders have currently scored 96 goals in European competition. Four more in this tie will take that total to 100.
• Familiar players within the Sevilla ranks are Kanouté, who spent two seasons here at the Lane before moving to Spain at the start of the 2005/06 campaign. Enzo Maresca is also familiar with English football having spent two seasons at West Bromwich Albion.
• Kanouté and Steed Malbranque were team-mates at Olympique Lyonnais between 1997 and 2000 prior to Kanouté's move to West Ham. Malbranque followed Kanouté to England in 2001, joining Fulham.
• Mido is the only Tottenham player to have played in the Primera División, appearing eight times for RC Celta de Vigo while on loan from AFC Ajax in 2002/03. He scored four goals in that time.
• Sevilla forward Luis Fabiano is suspended for the first leg, while team-mates Julien Escudé, José Luis Martí and Aitor Ocio are all within a caution of missing the return fixture.
With a trip to take on Sevilla looming on Thursday, here is the lowdown on our UEFA Cup quarter final opponents…Full name: Sevilla Futbol Club