Barclays and the Premier League are for the first time to take the Barclays Premier League Trophy on a global tour.
The Tour will start in Abu Dhabi and visit three more cities in the Middle East before heading to Hong Kong for the Barclays Asia Trophy in July. It will then travel to Asia, North America and Africa during the 2011/12 and 2012/13 seasons.
A dedicated website www.barclayspremierleaguetrophytour.com has been created for fans to find out more information, as well as to pre-book priority places for the Tour.
The free interactive experience will take fans through four domes:
1. The Changing Room - packed with unique interactive features, this is a fact-based tour through the history of the current 20 Barclays Premier League clubs.
2. The Centre Circle – supporters will experience the noise and excitement of a match-day before learning all about the winning teams and captains of the Premier League.
3. The Trophy Room - fans can get up close with the official Barclays Premier League Trophy.
4. Becoming the Third Lion – through green screen technology, supporters will be able to picture themselves lifting the Barclays Premier League Trophy.
The Barclays Premier League is the biggest continuous annual global sporting event in the world, with the global audience growing each year - every match-day is broadcast to more than 580million households in over 200 countries.
The Tour offers an opportunity for the many fans around the globe that may never get the chance to attend Barclays Premier League football in England to get up close and have a behind the scenes experience of the teams and players that they follow so passionately.
Premier League Chief Executive, Richard Scudamore, said: “We are excited about joining long term partners Barclays to put on our first official Trophy Tour for fans of the Barclays Premier League around the world. We want to show them what is at the heart of our competition: the Trophy itself, as that is what every player and manager competes to get their hands on; the fantastic football as played by our 20 clubs, because that is what excites hundreds of millions week-in week-out; and the history and tradition of English football, as that is what helps create the huge interest in the competition.
“Global interest in the Barclays Premier League has never been higher, with demand for this type of additional experience coming from fans right across the globe. Nothing beats a live match, but the kind of unique content that is going into the Barclays Premier League Trophy Tour will make a compelling attraction for fans of all 20 clubs as well as projecting a positive image of Britain abroad.”
The first leg of the Barclays Premier League Trophy Tour will kick off in spring 2011 and visit four cities for three days at a time over a six week period. The tour will start in Abu Dhabi from 18-20 March before heading to Dubai, Doha and Riyadh.
Barclays and the Premier League have also partnered with AD Sports in the Middle East to create a fan park adjacent to The Barclays Premier League Trophy Tour, where supporters can watch Barclays Premier League matches on giant screens.
The schedule for the first leg of the Barclays Premier League Trophy Tour in spring 2011 is:
· The Corniche, Abu Dhabi, UAE – Friday 18 to Sunday 20 March
· The Jumeirah Beach Residence, Dubai, UAE - Friday 1 to Sunday 3 April
· Doha, Qatar – Thursday 14 to Saturday 16 April
· Riyadh, Saudi Arabia – Thursday 28 to Saturday 30 April
The Barclays Premier League Trophy Tour will then next appear at the Barclays Asia Trophy in Hong Kong at the end of July 2011. Over the next two years until the end of the 2012/13 season, the Tour will travel to China, South-East Asia, the United States of America, India and South Africa.