Follow @SpursOfficial on Twitter and put your child’s case forward before the 5pm deadline on Friday, July 11. You could win the opportunity of a lifetime for your son or daughter at the Seattle Sounders game on July 19, the match against Toronto FC on July 23 or our final tour outing at Chicago Fire on July 26.
Be creative, use photos or Vines if you wish. Has your child had every Spurs kit since a young age? Do they check the score every week? Was their first word a Spurs player? We want to hear from you.
It should be stressed that entrants must follow @SpursOfficial on Twitter as this will be the method by which you will be contacted should you win.
Terms and Conditions
1. Only the parent (the person with ‘parental responsibility’, i.e. the person by law who has legal authority for the child such as the birth mother) may enter their child.
2. The competition is open to residents of the United States of America and Canada and does not cover other costs such as food, travel, accommodation and parking.
3. Only one entry per child.
4. Two adult and one child ticket for the mascot will be provide as part of the package.
5. Spurs kit (shirt, short and socks) will be provided for the child on the day to change into, but children should wear their own trainers.
6. The Club cannot take any responsibility for losses or personal injuries related to the prize.
7. There are only two winners per match.
8. Any additional costs incurred in addition to those outlined in the prize are not the responsibility of the Club.
9. The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
10. By entering their child into the competition, the parents are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions of the competition, including consent for the Club (Tottenham Hotspur) to:
a) Use the child’s first name and image (personal information) for promotional/marketing purposes. This means: to reproduce and publish the image of their child in Tottenham Hotspur publications in the public domain, including the Club’s Twitter site “@Spursofficial”, its website “tottenhamhotspur.com”, match day programme and any other Club promotional literature;
b) for the child to participate as Match Day Mascot (a separate consent will also be required); and
c) give the state name of where the child comes from (this option is up to the parent).
11. Images: if a child is not allowed to be photographed/identified (ie, the child is subject to family, care or legal proceedings) or if there is a dispute by parents over the consent, then he/she would not make a suitable Match Day Mascot and should not be entered into the competition.
12. Publications, resources and media should represent participants appropriately: children should be appropriately dressed with outer clothing garments covering their torso from at least the bottom of their neck to their thighs (i.e., a minimum of vest/shirt and shorts) and feature safety equipment, such as shin pads.
13. In line with our normal Mascot Policy – a suitable mascot must be a child who is:
a) Five years old or over and 16 or less at the time of the game;
b) Not subject to family, care or legal proceedings which would prohibit the child appearing in the public domain
c) Happy to be a Match Day Mascot (some children may find a match day a frightening and intimidating experience. If a child is upset and does not wish to go out onto the pitch, then he/she will be returned the parent/carer).
d) Available on the day and accompanied by a parent/carer.
14. Incorrect information will automatically disqualify the entrant.
15. The Club cannot take any responsibility for lost or incomplete posts.
16. Closing date for submitting entries is Friday 11 July 2014 at 5pm UK time. No entries will be entered into the prize draw after this date.
17. The winner will be selected at random through a Prize Draw.
18. The winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries received. The prize is awarded conditionally upon acceptance, and if the winner is unable to be contacted after a reasonable period, or if the prize is declined within a reasonable period, the prize shall be deemed as unclaimed or unaccepted and a supplementary winner may be drawn at the Club’s discretion.
19. The Club’s decision is final.
20. Entrants must follow @SpursOfficial.