Skip to main content

News

  • Korsten out for month
Subscribe to newsfeed 

Korsten out for month

Posted on 8 August 2000  - 12:00

English Barclays Premiership

Willem Korsten will definitely miss the start of the season. Our unlucky Dutch midfielder has been ruled out for at least a month after undergoing hip surgery on Saturday.

The operation, conducted in Cambridge, revealed a loose chip of floating bone and inflammation. The bone has been removed and Korsten, on crutches at Spurs Lodge on Monday, will now rest for a month. Korsten revealed: "Thankfully it wasn't as bad as we first feared. I've been told to do nothing for three or four weeks and to see how it has progressed then."

Injury kept Korsten on the sidelines from August until December last season. He desperately wanted to make an impact at the start of this campaign but has been grounded again.

He said last week: "I feel devastated. It is the worst start possible for me and I just want to get over it as soon as I can.

"This is not the way I wanted things to go. It is a great club and I want to show the fans what I can do. So far I haven't been able to do that because of injuries so, fingers crossed, everything will be okay after this operation."