We introduce the newly-promoted teams we will be facing in the Barclays Premier League in the 2008/09 season...
Today, we give you a few facts on Hull City...
Ground: The KC Stadium
Manager: Phil Brown
Star Man: Dean Windass
Most appearances: Andy Davidson, 520, 1952-68
Record signing: Caleb Folan (£1m from Wigan Athletic, Sep 2007)
Biggest ever win: 11-1 v Carlisle United, 1939
Most goals in a season: Bill McNaughton, 41, 1932/33
DID YOU KNOW...?
- Up until now, Hull had been the largest city in Europe to have never hosted a top flight football team.
- The closest Hull came to reaching the top flight before this year was back in the 1909/10 season, when they missed out on the Second Division runners-up spot on goal average (0.29 of a goal) - the slimmest margin by which a club has ever missed out on promotion in Football League history.
- Colin Appleton had two spells as manager of the club. In his first (1982-84), he achieved the best wins to games ratio of all managers in the club's history, but in his second spell (1989-90), he produced the worst ever ratio.
-The 2004/05 season saw winger Stuart Elliott start a sequence of 17 games, which produced 17 wins, and 17 goals for the Northern Ireland international!
- Nick Barmby, who made 111 Spurs appearances from 1992-1995, scoring 28 goals
- Dean Marney, 11 Spurs appearances between 2003-2005, scoring twice.