Mauricio explains HERE that Erik Lamela (hip) has travelled to Rome to complete his recovery.
Otherwise, team news may well centre around potential changes after a busy Christmas and New Year period of four games in 17 days.
“Everything is good and we expect to arrive at the game at a good level,” said Mauricio after training on Friday.
“It’s a moment where we come from a busy period at Christmas, some players maybe need to rest a little - when you push a lot, the consequences always come afterwards.
“We have a strong squad and maybe it’s a good opportunity to give a chance to players who haven’t played too much to show their quality. It's important for all the players to be involved.
“We’re excited to play and if we rotate the team to play against Villa it’s because we want to win."
DON’T MISS SUNDAY’S OFFICIAL MATCHDAY PROGRAMME!
Pick up your copy of our official matchday programme at the Aston Villa FA Cup tie on Sunday.
It’s £3.50 for 100 pages, including...
- Feature interview with Michel Vorm
- Mauricio Pochettino's exclusive column
- Ben Davies is the 'Centre of Attention'
- A look at Aston Villa's squad and a chat with ex-player Tony Morley
- Examining the cup connections between us and Villa
- Interview with our development squad coach and ex-Villa defender Ugo Ehiogu
Buy yours from a number of points around the stadium or from the Spurs Megastore on Sunday.
Sample it now for free with our 12-page online preview edition
or buy the full 100-page digital issue via tottenhamhotspur.com/programme