‘Trips’ played 185 times for Burnley after joining the Lancashire club initially on loan from Manchester City in July, 2011 and then permanently six months later.
A star performer at Turf Moor, the full-back was twice voted into the PFA’s Championship Team of the Year and was an ever-present in Burnley’s last Premier League campaign of 2014-15. He couldn’t prevent Burnley sliding to relegation, however, and joined us in June, 2015.
Below: Kieran in action for Burnley at the Lane in 2014
“When Burnley were last in the Premier League, we made a lot of mistakes and when you do that at this level, you get punished,” he said. “We quickly realised how tough it was to see out games.
“It does seem as though the club have bounced off that year in the Premier League, quickly got back into the division and this time around they know a lot more about what it takes to compete. They’ve learned from their experiences of two years ago and they are trying to build on them this season.
“I’ve got some good mates there and still keep in touch with them, it will be great to catch up, but we’ve got a game to win and it’s important we do that.
“I hope they can get plenty more points on the board…after this game.”
DON’T MISS SUNDAY’S OFFICIAL MATCHDAY PROGRAMME!
Pick up your copy of our official matchday programme at the Burnley game on Sunday.
It’s £3.50 for 100 pages, including...
- Feature interview with our former Burnley right-back Kieran Trippier
- Mauricio Pochettino's exclusive column
- Discussing the talents of Heung-Min Son in 'Centre of Attention'
- Festive chat with this year's signings in 'My First Spurs Christmas'
- Another instalment of ‘The White Hart Lane Years’
- A look at Burnley's squad and a chat with their ex-winger Leighton James
- Recalling the times we played on Christmas Day!
Buy yours from a number of points around the stadium or from the Spurs Megastore on Sunday.
Sample it now for free with our 12-page online preview edition or buy the full 100-page digital issue via tottenhamhotspur.com/programme