Tonight's opponents Hapoel Tel Aviv boast an impressive recent home record in the UEFA Cup at the Bloomfield Stadium.
They are unbeaten in their last six UEFA competition home games having drawn with Swedish side AIK and toppled Siroki Brijeg of Bosnia-Herzegovina this season.
- Hapoel progressed to the group stages of the UEFA Cup by beating Siroki Brijeg 6-0 on aggregate in the second qualifying round and then AIK 1-0 on aggregate in the first round.
- That aggregate win over AIK included an impressive 1-0 win in Stockholm, Reuven Oved on target.
- They kicked-off their group stage campaign with a 2-0 reverse at Anderlecht, Nicolas Frutos struck after 36 and 70 minutes for the Belgian side.
- Hapoel have played four games against English opposition in European competition.
- Paul Robinson knows all about two of those games as he was in goal for Leeds United in the second round of UEFA Cup in the 2002-03 season. Harry Kewell struck late to hand Leeds a 1-0 advantage at Elland Road but they went behind in the return leg played at Fiorentina before Alan Smith ran riot with four goals to make it 5-1 on aggregate.
- A year earlier, Hapoel famously toppled Chelsea in the second round of the UEFA Cup to become the first Israeli side to reach the third round of the competition.
- Hapoel did the damage against Chelsea at the Bloomfield Stadium with a 2-0 win before drawing 1-1 at Stamford Bridge. None of the current squad played in those games.
- Starting in the qualifying round, Hapoel reached the quarter-finals in that 2001-02 campaign before losing out to AC Milan.
- In last season's UEFA Cup campaign, Hapoel were knocked out by Glasgow Rangers in the last 32 after progressing unbeaten through the group stages. They managed to beat the Scottish giants 2-1 at home but were overcome 4-0 at Ibrox.
- Hapoel finished third in the Israel First Division last season and qualified for the UEFA Cup by winning the Israeli Cup 5-4 on penalties against Hapoel Ashkelon.
- Hapoel lost to Maccabi Petach-Tikva on Sunday and are currently bottom of the Israeli First Division with three draws and five defeats from eight games.